Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

This is a urological question, Its a strange scenario.

Customer Question

Hi, this is a urological question, Its a strange scenario. Last night when I did bowel movement before flashing I saw a very small dried red object in the toilet bowl in the urine,the color of the urine was normal. I took that object with a napkin, it
was like mucous in size of small drop and got disolved when I pressed it on the napkin. I urinated again after 30 mins and it was clean. Im frightened, is that considered hematuria? Your answer is appreciated.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. This sounds like it may have been a small blood clot.
Did you have pain with this?
Are you male or female?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Male, No pain. On March 2014 I experienced hematuria, my urologist ordered urine test and ultra sound and performed cystoscopy which was a terrible and painful afterward experience, but everything was ok. After that I had micro hematuria when i visited the dr on and off but he said it's ok since it's not gross.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If this is a blood clot, this would be gross hematuria. In this case, I would recommend a formal CT scan to rule out causes of bleeding such as stones that can be missed on ultrasound. You need to see your urologist about this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think that was a blood clot? Isn't necessary to perform cystoscopy?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. This sounds like a blood clot.
Cystoscopy is necessary but you just recently had one done. It would have to be up to your decor to determine if they think it is worth repeating the Cystoscopy at this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cystoscopy was about a year and half ago, is that considered recent?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
No. In that case, I would recommend an updated Cystoscopy.