Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Good morning pain in the perineum upper anal region mostly after bowel movement or when si

Customer Question

good morning pain in the perineum upper anal region mostly after bowel movement or when sitting. Diagnosed with BPH psa normal.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
This sound suspicious for prostatitis. Had your doctor done a prostate exam or urine culture to evaluate for a possible prostate infection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes told I had BPH took antibiotics for a month. Urine culture as negative for bacteria and normal psa. symptoms come and go.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
In this case, you may have non bacterial prostatitis. This is difficult to treat and takes time. It requires therapy with a physical therapist who is trained at pelvic floor muscle relaxation techniques to get this pain to stop. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I guess I should see a urologist.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Most definitely. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.