Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

0n 2 Feb this year my Urologist inserted Botox into my bladder

Customer Question

0n 2 Feb this year my Urologist inserted Botox into my bladder to help with my Interstitial Cystitis. I've been having bladder and penis pain every day since. I take Vicodone and valium once a day and sometime twice a day. Also since the Botox at night I have to wear Depends due to the leakage . How much longer will it take for the Botox to wear off ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The average duration of the effect of Botox is about 3-4 months, but there are some people that can have a longer duration of effect, although usually not longer than 6 months. Since you are already at 5 1/2 months, you are already longer than average and are approaching 6 months. If the symptom persist past 6 months, it would be appropriate to see your doctor again for consideration of whether there may be another condition that has developed.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.