Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Past three days I have had bad pain in my right side

Customer Question

For the past three days I have had bad pain in my right side when I urinate and use the bathroom. I went to my PCP and she did a CBC and it was normal, urine was normal, and x-ray of abdomen was normal. It still really hurts especially when I have to pee. I have also had a vaginal ultrasound to rule out cysts and it also was normal.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Have they done a CT scan of your abdomen or ultrasound of your kidneys?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an abdominal CT in December 2014. No ultrasound of kidneys. There was no sign of infection in my blood or urine.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
OK, one possibility is that you may be having reflux of urine up to the kidneys when you are urinating. This can cause pain. In order to evaluate for this, your doctor can do a test called a voiding cystourethrogram to see if there's reflux. There are Minor endoscopic procedures that can be done to prevent this reflux if this is what you have. Hope this helps.