urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
Experience:  I am fellowship-trained MD Urologist in active practice. I treat all types of cases from genital, cancer, urinary, stone and incontinence.
76620768

I am a 26 yo male and Yesterday I woke up and noticed after I passed urine, the opening of

Customer Question

I am a 26 yo male and Yesterday I woke up and noticed after I passed urine, the opening of my penis was stinging. The same sensation as if soap had gotten into the inside of me pee hole is the best was I can explain it. I grabbed the head to look in the hole and it hurt a lot. I woke up today and not it only hurts while the pressure of the urine is pushing my urine out. I purchased a UTI test kit from AZO and it was negative. I am away in another state other than my home state with no insurance. Should I wait longer before panicking> Need your assistance thank you.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  urologyguru replied 1 year ago.
It is likely a uti. The home tests are very inaccurate. As long as you don't have fevers, then you shouldnt panic. You have time to wait till you can see your doctor. Alternatively you can go to an urgent care for evaluation. I hope this helps. Please ask any follow up questions you have until you feel satisfied with your answer. Positive ratings are much appreciated!------------------This answer is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this answer,Customerprovides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided here is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.Customeris not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN. If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of an answer here. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this site, or in applying the information to your individual case.Medical information changes constantly. Reliance on any information provided from this answer is solely at your own risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to add, There is a strong smell to my urine aswell. I just want to rule out any STI's or STD's. If it goes away in a certain amount of time theoretically specking, should I be worry free, being its only been 24hrs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Only way to rule out an std is a urine test. If you have had unprotected intercourse then it is a possibility. Even if the stinging goes away, that doesn't necessarily mean that there was no infection. Best to get the urine tested to be safe that you don't need antibiotics. I hope this helps please leave a positive rating.