Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Circumcision was done 4 days ago in first rate hospital by

Customer Question

Circumcision was done 4 days ago in first rate hospital by first rate urologist with 6 nurses in attendance and general anesthesia. Now there is huge red bulb superimposed on penis, pain on touch , discomfort which is not modest and meager whitish discharge .
The reason for circumcision was phimosis , first degree e.g mild for many yr.
I've become
wary , put it mildly, and simple question is should I wait my appt. with my urologist in ~10 days. I am not sure that is " normal " for circumsion.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This does not sound normal. You need to call your doctor to get in for an examination. This could either be a blood collection called a hematoma under the skin or it may be an infection. If it is an hematoma, they may need to drain depending on how large it is. If it is an infection, then you may need antibiotics. Hope this helps.