Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

How long does swelling in the scrotum, feels like a third testicle, dissapear after starti

Customer Question

How long does swelling in the scrotum, feels like a third testicle, dissapear after starting
a course of antibiotics? Gonnorea having been diagnosed,
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Is your testicle what is swollen due to the infection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the left testicle seem to have another smaller softer testicle attached to it. I was examined by a urologist who put me on Cipromax for 10 days. I have been taking it for 5 days now
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like you may have a cyst called a spermatocele. This may not go away even afar the infection is gone. But sometimes, they do go away. The only way to find out is to just wait. This is not dangerous or harmful. If it really bothers you, you can consider having surgery done to remove the fluid collection in the future. Hope this helps.