Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I'm having a tingle itch comes and goes in my urethra(closer

Customer Question

I'm having a tingle itch comes and goes in my urethra(closer to the tip of penis)
6 days ago (July 9th) confirm broke which I pulled out about a minute after confirm broke so it was not inside of her unprotected long. I've also had diarrhea
My questions: how long should I wait to get tested for stds. I wanted to do a full panel for everything
-also I found the hiv test that can detect hiv after a week or so; how accurate are those
Anything else you think I should know or to look out for please feel free to ad thank you. Also the itch/ tingle is not frequent.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.
STD testing can be done 10 days after exposure.
you can get HIV DNA or RNA PCR testing 10-20 days post exposure. these are 98-99% accurate
you can get gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis testing right away.
to test for herpes antibody testing, you have to wait 3-6 months for your body to develop antibodies to herpes.
chances of contracting HIV from a broken condom and unprotected vaginal sex is small, only 5 in 10,000 chance if she has HIV
the tingling and itch at the end of the urethra most likely is due to irritation from the urine like from caffeine or alcohol in your diet
do you drink caffeine or alcohol which could irritate your urethra?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the quick reply. Although I don't understand What be the difference in the chances of catching hiv if the conform broke or if there was not a condom used at all since either way the whole penis was exposed.
Would you recommend the hiv dna test or rna pcr?
Also yes I drink caffeine but not often however this itching tingling feeling that comes and goes throughout the day (does not last long) started shortly after we had sex. I never had it before then
When you say wait 10 days for std testing are you referring to other stds such as hep a,b and/or c since the others you said I could get tested for instantly?
* the test I will be doing is a blood test (full panel for pretty much everything) im 25 and just want to make sure I'm 100% safe especially after I found out the girl got around a lot.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the risks are the same for condom breaking and unprotected vaginal sex. 5 in 10,000 chance of contracting HIV if she has HIV.
both DNA or RNA PCR testing are good.
the 10 day wait is only for DNA or RNA PCR HIV test
there is no wait for other STD
even bad anxiety can cause you to have tingling sensation, so it is not very helpful to tell what is going on.
I bet your tests will all turn up negative.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com