Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I HAD AN ULTRASOUND AND IT SAID I HAD 2 complex cysts THAN

Customer Question

I HAD AN ULTRASOUND AND IT SAID I HAD 2 complex cysts THAN NEEDED A CAT SCAN NOW SAYS THEY ARE SIMPLE CYSTS ONE IS 3.2 CM ON THE RIGHT KIDNEY LOWER POLE AND THE OTHER LEFT KIDNEY 1.9CM IS TERE A NEED TO SEE UROLOGIST FOR THIS
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the other odd thing for me is that i have had ankle swelling and foot the last wk my toes I have not seen this b4. had once 2wks ago for a day than went away , now again for 2 days I am 51yr old woman healthy otherwise, all my blood work was normal except phospate was 47
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
If they are simple fluid cysts, there is no need for concern about these cysts or need for further followup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHY DID THE ULTRASOUND SAY IT WAS COMPLEX WITH SEPTATION THAN THE CAT SCAN SAY IT WAS SIMPLE COULD THE RADIOLOGIST HAVE MADE A TYPO OR THE CAT SCAN OVER RULES THE OTHER I GUESS I AM A BIT CONFUSED HOW IT CHANGED
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WAS STILL TALKING TO DR Y WITH ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hELLO
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The CT scan is a more detailed image of the kidney and provides better resolution as to what is going on. When there is a question as to what we see on the ultrasound, a CT scan is performed. If your doctor is on sure whether not this is truly a simple cyst, then I would recommend a referral to a urologist for peace of mind. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU ! AND WHAT WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF FEET WELLIG SHOULD I JUST IGNORE IT., I CAN NOT SEE THE ANKE, LEFT SIDE IS AFFECTI I THINK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE SWELLING IS THE ANKLE THE FOOT THE TOES AND ON LEFT I THINK THE LEG TOE TOO FEELS PAINFUL SOME
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This could deb due to poor circulation, a blood clot in the leg, or fluid retention. You need to see your doctor for an exam in the next 1-2 days.