Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I finally went to a urologist instead of going to my Gyno for

Customer Question

i finally went to a urologist instead of going to my Gyno for answers after a year. I was seeking treatment because i was peeing 30 plus times a day and knew it was not a UTI.. i was put on uribel and oxybutynin. should i take both? I am not urinating as much but since i i have been on it, I feel the urge to go and cant ...more like a UTI without the burning . This is so annoying!!!!! It feels like a tickle , no pain but my bladder feels full and i cant go now on the meds. i am going to go for that bladder function test in a week so hopefully they will know. I have no blood in my urine but occasionally a tiny trace, nothing worrisome to the doctor. She thinks its IC and possibly pelvic floor issues. what do u think i should do about the meds?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If you're not having burning when you urinate, you do not need to take the uribel. It sounds to me like you have a blast thousands from a condition called overactive bladder. This is very common in women your age and is treatable with medication such as oxybutynin. This may take several weeks to take effect. The oxybutynin does not work, and they need to trying on a different class of medications that also stops spasms. The good news is that this condition is very common and is highly treatable. They can switch to something like Detrol or Toviaz if the oxybutynin does not work. Hope this helps.