Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Abby, I received unprotected oral sex from a stripper

Customer Question

Hello Abby, I received unprotected oral sex from a stripper 7weeks ago for less than a minute in duration. At 4 and 6 weeks I tested for clamidia gonarea herpes 1 ,2 syphlys hiv All came up neg. I did test positive for trich tho. I took the one dosage of flagyl I'm on my 7th day of cipro now. I still have burning while urination although less now than before however i do have some scotum and perinium burning also. Any clue on what could be going on?
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also some burning in my pubic region. I had pain in the tip of my penis but that has gone away. I plan on testing for all stds again at week 8. thank you
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
This sounds like you might have prostatitis as the cause of your symptoms. This typically requires a prolonged course of antibiotics like the cipro you are on but for 3-4 weeks. If you still have symptoms after you finish the antibiotics you are on, then you should have another urine or semen culture to determine if you still have an active infection. Hope this helps.