Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Pressure on bladder even after urination, belching and farting

Customer Question

Pressure on bladder even after urination, belching and farting especially in the am, queasy, lack of appetite, loose bowels. Drink 60+ oz of water a day, UTI ruled out.
symptoms intermittent - some days much better than others.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you seen your doctor to have your urine tested to evaluate for possible infection is the source of your symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I think I mentioned in my question, a UTI was ruled out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my doc first thing; I was sure it was a UTI but the urine sample was negative.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I missed that.
This sounds like you may then possibly have. If they haven't they tried you on medication such as oxybutynin for bladder spasms, I would recommend they consider going this next as this is the most likely cause of you symptoms in the absence of infection. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. you didn't complete that 1st sentence. "It sounds then like you might possibly have..." What???
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I'm not sure what happened to that sentence. That should've said it sounds like you may possibly be having bladder spasms due to the condition called overactive bladder.