urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
Experience:  I am fellowship-trained MD Urologist in active practice. I treat all types of cases from genital, cancer, urinary, stone and incontinence.
76620768

My husband slipped in the pool and hit his lower abdomen. He

Customer Question

My husband slipped in the pool and hit his lower abdomen. He feels fine and has no pain but went to the bathroom and bright red pee came out?
Category: Urology
Expert:  urologyguru replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thanks for allowing me to help you today. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions and positive feedback is much appreciated.
This bleeding is from the trauma injuring his kidney.
Most kidney injuries are managed by bed rest and observation alone, but the only way to know how bad it is, is to go to an emergency and get a kidney imaging like a cat scan performed.
You do not want to miss a possible major injury, which can be life threatening. The description of your husband injury doesn't sound like it would cause a major injury but the scan is the only way to know.
I hope this helps. Please ask any follow up questions you have until you feel satisfied with your answer. Positive ratings are much appreciated!
------------------
This answer is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this answer,Customerprovides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided here is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.Customeris not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN. If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of an answer here. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this site, or in applying the information to your individual case.
Medical information changes constantly. Reliance on any information provided from this answer is solely at your own risk.