Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have had that little "third like testicle" all of my life.

Customer Question

I have had that little "third like testicle" all of my life. I remember one urologist calling in a younger trainee to show him, and informed him that it is somewhat common and not something to be concerned about. I am now 92 and have never had any problem relating to this, however, it has in recent years enlarged somewhat. Is this a problem?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
It's possible that you may have just developed a fluid collection around the testicle called a hydrocele causing it to feel larger. I would recommend that you see a urologist for an examination and possibly an ultrasound to see if this is the case. If it is, this is completely harmless. But the ultrasound should also be done just to make sure that this is nothing such as cancer that is causing it to become larger. Cancer would be extremely unlikely.