Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been diagnosed with interstitical cyctitis in Sept.2011.

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with interstitical cyctitis in Sept.2011. None of conservative treatments (VesiCare, Elmiron, hydroxysine, amitryptiline, uribel, DMSO and Elmiron and corticosteroid instillations worked. I had two fulgurations, was syptoms-free for 2 months only after the first procedure. Then symptoms returned at full force (frequent, painful urination, up to 40 times a day, up to 10 at night, spasmodic urge attacks to void every 2 minutes for 2 hours). I went to Russia for treatment in June, had only 6 instillations (protargol, followed in 30 minutes with Levomekol_+Synthomycin+Lidocaine heated cocktail), and I forgot about symptoms after the second instillation! Now I am back to the States, and I am wondering whether I can continue this simple and miraculously effective treartment here. I read that protargol is not used in USA. Can I have any hope being treated for real in the States? Cyctectomy is not the answer.
Olga, female, 65 y.o.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking through literature I found that protargol was used in USA early in XX century.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other medical issues?
have you tried a low acid diet?