Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a TURP on June 22. My urologist is on vacation until

Customer Question

I had a TURP on June 22. My urologist is on vacation until July 13. I have had constipation so I have taken a laxative since Thursday, June 18. Today my urine output has been low. I am only voiding about 50 - 75 ml at a time. Urination is fairly frequent, about every 2 hours. I have been drinking fluids. I do not have any pain or feeling of my bladder being full. Urine is clear with little or no indication of blood. I am wondering if I should seek advice at the emergency room.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes, this pattern of your meeting is not normal and could be a sign of the year and infection after surgery. I would recommend that you get into see a doctor either at an urgent care center for the emergency room to have a urine culture done to see if you need to be placed on antibiotics. Hope this helps.