DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

I have recently had a UTI that I don't know has ever been resolve

Customer Question

I have recently had a UTI that I don't know has ever been resolved. I was just finishing the med I was on for it, cipro when I saw a doctor for muscle pains that I thought might be caused by stress. He seemed to think they would be solved by using drugs. I was having lower back pain. Tendonitis type pain in my right arm from elbow to forearm. Pain in my finger joints. Pain in leg joints and knee joints. He put me on Voltaren and Robaxin. I have cloudy urine now and what's got me writing you is a low grade fever that woke up me up. Feeling warm. Took my temperature twice and it registered at 96.6. What I can google says to stop taking voltaren now. Do I need to have myself seen? For now most of my muscle pains are diminished although the lower back pain has come and gone.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You need a urinalysis and culture of the urine right now.
I would go to urgent care immediately.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.