Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 45 year old white male. last year I have been

Customer Question

I am 45 year old white male. For the last year I have been having a clear discharge from my penis. The Urologist said I had Prosatitis and prescribed Bactrim. I took two 30 day doses of the drug and still had the bothersome discharge. The Urologist then suggested that I wasn't ejaculating enough. I didn't feel this was right and was concerned about prostate cancer. I have been told that my prostate is larger than normal and have been told this since I was 18 years old. The Urologist did a psa on me and said the reading was 4.56. He recommends a ultrasound of the prostate and biopsy. My question is should I seek a second opinion or go though this procedure. The Urologist has not even done a digital exam before recommending that I have this done. I just want to make sure I do the right thing.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have a family history of prostate cancer?
Have you had the PSA repeated since the antibiotics were completed? What was that level?