Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a history of prostatitis and epididymitis (once or twice

Customer Question

I have a history of prostatitis and epididymitis (once or twice a year). About 2 months ago i finished a round of cipro. I currently have no signs or symptoms of either infection. I didnt ejaculate for quite some time. Over the last month i have developed a condition where when i ejaculate it is a little painful. I also notice little orange colored globs that come out as well. If i squeeze one it pops and looks like jello. It seems to happen about every few times. Could this be related to my prostate? I have no issues when urinating.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Those globs sounds like congealed seminal fluid that may have some blood in it. You would have to show a urologist to be sure.
Prostatitis can cause the blood that you may be seeing. This can cause the painful ejacualtion as well. I would recommend a urine and possibly a semen culture to determine what antibiotics you need to cure this problem. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this be from a previous infection and is just now being forced out? I don't have any of the symptoms I usually have with an infection?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Any discharge present would not be from an old infection. This means you would have an active infection.