Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

How does it affect my prostate. I have bph and it was suggest

Customer Question

how does it affect my prostate. I have bph and it was suggest that I get lazer surgery
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
A medication that can be prescribed to shrink the prostate is finasteride. Your urologist should consider prescribing this if your prostate is enlarged. If you are having very bad urinary symptoms or can't empty the bladder while of Flomax, then you may need to consider the laser surgery to open the prostate channel. The finasteride can help to shrink the prostate by about 30%. Hope this helps.