urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
Experience:  I am fellowship-trained MD Urologist in active practice. I treat all types of cases from genital, cancer, urinary, stone and incontinence.
76620768

Can protein in urine cause swollen testicles, not scrotum but

Customer Question

can protein in urine cause swollen testicles, not scrotum but testicles. I was diagnosed with mild nephrotic syndrome and was told this could happen. but my doctor is fresh out of school and I can find not link on the internet and fear this swelling in my testicles is going undiagnosed
Category: Urology
Expert:  urologyguru replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thanks for allowing me to help you today. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions and positive feedback is much appreciated.
Not commonly.
It can cause dependent swelling, so hands, feet and scrotum yes. But testicle specifically probably not.
I would get a testicular ultrasound and exam with a urologist for this specific issue to rule out anything serious.
I hope this helps. Please ask any follow up questions you have until you feel satisfied with your answer. Positive ratings are much appreciated!
------------------
This answer is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this answer,Customerprovides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided here is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.Customeris not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN. If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of an answer here. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this site, or in applying the information to your individual case.
Medical information changes constantly. Reliance on any information provided from this answer is solely at your own risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The foamy urine started first then 5 weeks later the swelling in 1 testicles. this also came with abdominal pain like cramps. the pain in abdomen is better and the foamy urine is not all day but still present. The swelling in 1 testicle has gotten worse and now the other is starting to swell. Since they all started at the same time or the swelling followed the foamy urine it would seem that they are related but who knows. Is there something that could cause all of this in this order. it seems to be orchitis from my search on the internet but have no cause as determined by blood or urine. sometimes the selling is less and is most swollen in the morning. Do you know what this could be? and does this sound like cancer and if it does sound like cancer would this show up in blood and urine, also am I at risk of loosing my testicles?

This doesn't sound like cancer.
Cancer can be found by ultrasound and exam only.
Orchitis is likely.
I would not hesitate and go see a urologist to have an evaluation.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating!