Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a lump in my lower abdomen area that I can feel when

Customer Question

I have a lump in my lower abdomen area that I can feel when I press down on it and it burns in my abdomen when I pee. My primary care sent me to a gastrointestinal doctor, shouldn't this be addressed by a Urologist? What could it be?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
If it burns when you urinate, it sounds like you may have a urinary tract infection. I'm not sure what the lump in the lower abdomen may be, but it could be a hernia. It doesn't sound like you need a urologist. I would recommend that your primary doctor do a urine culture to test your urine for infection as you may need antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor did a culture and it came back negative. It doesn't burn as I'm peeing in the urethra area, it burns in my abdomen where the lump is as I urinate.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Did they do a CT scan to evaluate the lump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the CT scan didn't show anything other than constipation
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If the CT scan was normal, then a urologist may only be able to help with the burning sensation. A GI doctor may be able to determine what the lump is. You may need to see both doctors.