Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm a 32 year old male who recently has had some sort of discharge when straining

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a 32 year old male who recently has had some sort of discharge when straining to have a bowel movement. It looks like semen or something similar. I have been tested for STDs and have not been in a situation to receive STDs since that test, so I am certain it is not an STD. I do not believe that this discharge is sexual at all in nature, and I am not aroused when this happens. I just want to know if this is normal. It is only a small amount of white/clearish fluid, nothing like that which occurs during an ejaculation. I am not sexually excited when this happens.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have burning when you urinate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not at all. It just feels like normal urination.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to add that I'm not sexually active right now, and I don't masturbate for religious reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, this started around the time I was in my early 20s. I've just never talked to anyone about it, and I just wanted to make sure that it was normal.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
No, that discharge is not normal. It is possible that you may have some sort of cyst on the prostate that is being compressed during your bowel movements. This could cause the discharge that you are seeing. I would recommend that you get into see a urologist for an examination and they may need to do a No, that discharge is not normal. It is possible that you may have some sort of cyst on the prostate that is being compressed during your bowel movements. This could cause the discharge that you are seeing. I would recommend that you get into see a urologist for an examination and they may need to do a CT scan of your pelvis to determine if this is the problem. Treatment will be based on exactly what is causing your discharge. Hope this helps.