deardr
deardr, Doctor
Experience:  I have worked in a Medical School for last 10 years as a faculty.
25541092

I have a 20 year old son and a couple of days ago a i

Customer Question

Hi I have a 20 year old son and a couple of days ago a i accidentally saw him naked and saw they his genitals were really small in size especially for his age. I think he noticed me looking at them and came to ask me if my genitals were small or not. Me
and my son are quite open so we both didn't feel any shyness. Being his mother i told his penis looks average just like any one else but, deep down i know his penis looked small. Im not sure if i should have been open to him and told him the truth of what
i thought? My son is also a bit overweight so im not sure if that is factor to his penis size.
Category: Urology
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today. Does he have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he seems to be normal but slightly overweight.
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
Small penis with increased weight worries me a bit.
The causes can be - the penis may be concealed in suprapubic fat {it is just the appearance where as the penis is normal}/ delayed puberty or hormonal causes.
Next step - If I were you I would get him physically evaluated {Internist is preferred - one who specializes in all the systems of the body} along with few investigations {blood tests/ ultrasound of scrotum and MRI Brain if needed later} would give us more answers.
Please do not worry, he will be fine.
Best