Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Had a colon resection and my left testicle was huge and black

Customer Question

Had a colon resection and my left testicle was huge and black - could not touch it (HURT LIKE HELL) Did this kill my testicle as it has shrunk since the operation. ???What about the right one which is OK but no sperm ejaculation. Can the left one be reversed somehow????
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes,this sounds like you may have had some damage to the blood supply to the testicle from your colon resection. I can't tell if the right one is okay without being able to examine you. Unfortunately, as the blood supply to the left testicle is damaged, this cannot be reversed. It sounds to me like you need to see a urologist for an examination and they can do an ultrasound of the testicle to see if it sustained any blood supply damage. Hope this helps.