Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My 84 year old mother is in good health; taking only statins.

Customer Question

My 84 year old mother is in good health; taking only statins. She takes aerobic classes 5 times per week and enjoys a fairly active lifestyle. She was recently diagnosed with a hetnia and eas told by her GP that there was no need to have it repaired. I assume he is saying this due to her age.
I assume that there is a chance it can cause complications down the road if not tepaired and as my mother's parents lived well into their 90's - and my mother is in good health now, wouldnt it make sense to have it repaired?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Is this an inguinal hernia that she has?