urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
Experience:  I am fellowship-trained MD Urologist in active practice. I treat all types of cases from genital, cancer, urinary, stone and incontinence.
76620768

Is a creatine level of 23 high.

Customer Question

is a creatine level of 23 high.
Category: Urology
Expert:  urologyguru replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thanks for allowing me to help you today. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions and positive feedback is much appreciated.
Yes it is very high and should be around 1.0.
This is a sign of kidney damage and failure.
You should go to an ER or see your doctor ASAP.
Kidney failure requires medical treatment and dialysis to filter the blood.
Otherwise the electrolyte levels can become dangerous and life threatening.
I hope this helps. Please ask any follow up questions you have until you feel satisfied with your answer. Positive ratings are much appreciated!
------------------
This answer is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this answer,Customerprovides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided here is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.Customeris not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN. If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of an answer here. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this site, or in applying the information to your individual case.
Medical information changes constantly. Reliance on any information provided from this answer is solely at your own risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to lower your creatine level to avoid dialysis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diet vitamines?
Making sure you drink water and stay hydrated will help.
However, some forms of kidney damage are irreversible.
Medical treatments can help prevent future damage.
No vitamins will help. Eat a low protein and low salt diet to prevent any future damage.
Stay hydrated and see your doctor.
I hope this helps. Positive ratings are appreciated!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of medical treatments?
Usually a pill, a blood pressure medication or diuretic, taken daily.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating.
I see that you have not left me a positive rating.
Was there a reason?
I have answered multiple questions for you on this thread.
Please leave a positive rating. Thanks.