Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have to have stent, in my rt.uretha, replaced every three

Customer Question

I have to have stent, in my rt.uretha, replaced every three months, This is because of scar tissue that formed after ADD surgery. I recently had open heart & three way bi-pass surgery. I'm now having pressure & pain in the bladder even tho there appears to be no infection. In about two mo's I will be due for another stent replacement. I am very concerned about going under anesthesia & taking anti-biotics since I am on Coumadin. The pressure & pain in the bladder area is a big concern & my urologist is very puzzled. Right now I am on piridium. it helps, but not enough. There are other issues, but this is foremost right now.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI
Can you elaborate on the surgery which caused the scar in the ureter ?
What is the location and length of the stricture ? When was it first diagnosed?
Have you tried long duration stents ?
Have you tried any other medications like tolterodine, flavoxate etc for the bladder pain?
Please let me know.
Dr.Tharun