Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm 32 have difficulty passing urine, weak stream, and not

Customer Question

I'm 32 have difficulty passing urine, weak stream, and not feeling empty! It starts in morn and seems to be effected by my bowel movements. What can I do? Been of and on for years now?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you ever had trauma to your penis or scrotum such as falling on a rail or getting hit in the area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not, only minor when I was super young and never had problems till age 25
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes I feel pressure down between hamstring and upper crouch area
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
At your age, if you have problems urinating, this may be due to scar tissue in the urethra called a stricture. This can be due to prior infection or trauma. You need to get into see a urologist for an examination and they should consider doing a test called cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see what is causing your urinary symptoms. This is the only way to figure out what is going on and how to treat your symptoms. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok girlfriend told me antidepressant medication will cause urinary retention and prostate problem I haven't takenAny for two years and it s gotten more frequent? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The antidepressant is not the likely cause of your symptoms if you haven't taken it in 2 years. I think you need to have the cystoscopy to see what may be going on in the urethra and prostate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cool thank you
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a positive rating. Thanks.