Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 44 years old. I have always ejaculated large volume and

Customer Question

I am 44 years old. I have always ejaculated large volume and shot very far. The last month my ejaculate has been 25% the volume of before and often dribbles out. The other day, I had an orgasm. Nothing came out, but it felt like it was stuck. I made myself orgasm again and I ejaculated but still a small volume. I have not had any issues with urination. Any ideas? Do I need to see a physician? Is there something I can do to resolve this without seeing a physician?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How old are you?
Are you diabetic?
Do you take any prostate medications?
Do you have any urinary symptoms otherwise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 44 years old. I have never been diagnosed as a diabetic. I do not take any medication. I have no other urinary symptomss.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This problem with a sudden drop in your semen volume is likely related to inflammation of the prostate called prostatitis. I would recommend you see a urologist for a prostate exam and urine culture and you may need to be started on a course of antibiotics to treat this. They should also check your testosterone level to see if low testosterone is the cause.
This low semen volume is not harmful unless you are trying to have a child. Hope this helps.