Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

There,I have trouble maintaining an erection during

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have trouble maintaining an erection during intercourse even with the use of cialis. Getting an erection is no problem, infact they are very strong. I can maintain the erection during most of foreplay and while recieving oral.
When I begin having sex, it lasts for varying lengths of time. Sometimes it lasts for 5-10mins with one position, sometimes it begins to go flaccid within the first minute or two.
A lot of the time although I lose the initial stiffness if the erection, it's hard enough to go slowly asking as I don't change positions.
In the past cialis and Viagra have both worked on one or two occasions perfectly and I stayed hard until climax and continued all night.
My concern is that I have damaged something and caused a venous leak.
Some things to note;
I'm 24yrs old and in perfect health. My testosterone is very low but I began trt last week. One injection a week of testosterone enantahte 250mgs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as cialis is expensive and it's not even solving my issue.
Cheers
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you had any other tests like a thyroid test?
You mentioned that your testosterone levels were low, what were your FSH and LH levels? Have you had those done?
Have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?
Please let me know.
Kind regards