Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Bad prostate tissue from seeds 8 years ago along with a recent

Customer Question

bad prostate tissue from seeds 8 years ago along with a recent turp. a lot of blood clots and blockage without and without a Foley
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Has your urologist taken you to the operating room to stop the bleeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had clots that came though catheter a little at a time. Foley needed to be irrigated about 5 times with it taking about 20 minutes at one time Extremely painful to pass some clots Started out as a septic infection with no clots passing was to go home from infection when clots stated coming. Was to come home after Foley was clear again and then pulled. Clots started pouring out again Clots looked like a small pile of liver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bad prostate tissue from seeds 8 years ago along with a recent turp. a lot of blood clots and blockage without and without a Foley would like to know options to proceed from here Turp was 6 weeks ago and I would like to avoid starting all over again had blockage ate 2 weeks but not as bad as this
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like you may have radiation damage to the bladder as the source of the bleeding. This is called radiation cystitis. You need to get into see your urologist and they need to consider taking you to the operating room to burn the areas that are bleeding with a telescope. They should then consider sending you to hyperbaric oxygen therapy to try to heal the tissues so that they stop bleeding. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.