dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

I have symptoms of uti; severe burning and pain in my vaginal

Customer Question

i have symptoms of uti; severe burning and pain in my vaginal area, total discomfort starting this am around 7:30 am and now it is raging. I am predisposed to utis as I have had numerous in the past and have been seen by a specialist and everything checked out ok with xrays, sistiscope, etc. we will just keep a check every 6 months. it is time for my follow up appt. and I will call next week and make it but for now I need help to pee, for pain and an antibiotic.
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...
Urinary tract infections can be painful, but you can take steps to ease your discomfort until antibiotics clear the infection. Drink plenty of water to dilute urine and help flush out bacteria.Avoid drinks that may irritate bladder. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices and caffeine until infection has cleared. They can irritate bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate.
Use a heating pad. Apply a warm, but not hot, heating pad to abdomen to minimize bladder pressure or discomfort will help you out.
Over the counter Tab Naproxen 220 mg two tablets twice a day will help you out .For antibiotics you need prescription from ur dr .
Regards .
Positive feedback will be appreciated .
Thanks .