Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My urine is dark as light coffee, as I pee small amounts air/bubble

Customer Question

My urine is dark as light coffee, as I pee small amounts air/bubble spirt out
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have history of inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulitis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Last year. Had bowel resection to correct a colovesicle fistula. The surgery had complications after. Bleeding and peritonitis. After second surgery my bowl was so diseased there was only 7 inches of large healthy bowel left. the surgeon made a small reservoir near sphincter and padded the bowel and bladder with with five to six peices of tissue to prevent reoccurrence of fistula.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The air in the urine is most indicative of a recurrence of this fistula. You need to get back into see your surgeon to do cystoscopy and a CT cystogram and possibly colonoscopy to see where the fistula is and to determine whether or not this can be repaired again. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.