Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What are the real chances of getting a STD/STI from receiving

Customer Question

What are the real chances of getting a STD/STI from receiving oral sex as a male?
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a healthy male and it was actually my first encounter of any type of sex. I am unsure of the other person's history.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Were you performing oral sex on a female without any oral protection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I was receiving oral sex from someone without protection.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The chances of you contracting an STD are extremely low if there was no broken skin involved. But you should be on the lookout for any skin sores or discharge from the penis. If you have this, then you should be tested for STDs. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no broken skin involved at all. I checked it out immediately after and I actually took a shower right after it happened, if that helps at all. So, unless I am in the one percent, I should be good to go?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I would say it is probably less than a 1% chance. You're likely going to be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I just got a scare because after it happened, I found out that this girl that I had met had a less then celibate lifestyle, so I got spooked. I do not know if I was first, middle, the only, or whatever for the evening, but I just wanted to make sure. I do not believe that she would be one to have a STD anyways. Thank you for all of your help!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me positive rating. Thanks.