Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

IHave Had Bloody Bowel Movements Week Now IHave Had Problems

Customer Question

IHave Had Bloody Bowel Movements For A Week Now IHave Had Problems With Piles Over The Years With Bleeding That Cleared Up After A Day Or So..I Am 72 Years Old And Had Radiation Tratments For Prostate Cancer About 3 Years Ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
When was the last time you had a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Will Soon.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Are you having large amounts of blood that fills the toilet, or is this just blood on the toilet paper?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
large amounts.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
In this case, I would consider this an emergency. You need to get to the ER right away and they will likely have to have you admitted for an urgent colonoscopy to see what is bleeding and to stop it. You cannot mess around with large amounts of blood in the stool as you can die from this if left untreated. You could be bleeding from the radiation therapy or possibly a tumor in the colon. Hope this helps. I wish you well.