Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have pain while urinating and feels like there's a stone

Customer Question

Hi, I have pain while urinating and feels like there's a stone stuck in my urethra, in the middle of my penis, and I cannot pass this. I'm not sure if that's a stone I can't pass or it might be something else.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have a history of passing stones?
Do on have blood in the urine?
Are you having problems with a slow urine flow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not but I have went in and had it checked. I had a inflammatory bladder which lead to pain going back to my kidney. That visit was almost a year ago since the visit. I have experienced lower back pain and the pain shoots across my side to my lower abdomen. Some blood is present and one time it was dark red. For today's issue, my urine flow seems to be a slight less than normal. I've been drinking plenty of fluids where my urine is clear. Prior to drinking fluids, I have been taking Now d-mannose powder to aid in my situation. Slight blood shows up after my urine stream as ended.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This does sound suspicious for a stone in the urethra. The only thing you mean do is drink plenty of water to try to flush it out. You should make yourself urinate every 3-4 hours. If it doesn't pass in the next couple days, you need to see your urologist to do cystoscopy to remove it. Hope this helps.