Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I fell on a bar that hit just to the left of the left testicle.

Customer Question

I fell on a bar that hit just to the left of the left testicle. Now a cord that runs along side it is swollen and firm. The scrotum swelled initially, but that is gone. I do have extensive bruising of the scrotum. Will the cord return to normal with time?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HIWhen did this happen?Do you take any blood thinners?Are you diabetic ?Please let me know.Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened on Saturday, May 2. I am taking a blood thinner and have a pace maker for slow heart rate and atrial flutter. I am not a diabetic. The swelling in the scrotum has gone away. There is extensive bruising but it has not spread. The pain around the "cord" that is to the left of the left testicle has diminished-it is still noticeable when I sit certain ways. Thank you for your response. Jim Kilmer
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim,
This sounds like perineal trauma with scrotal contusion and hemorrhage. The fact that the swelling has gone down means that the collection & inflammation is settling. The bruising may be due to consumption of the blood thinner. This should also resolve gradually with extensive change of color and hue over the region.
You can do some cold compresses in the region for comfort.
It sounds like a typical contusion which is gradually resolving. If the pain or swelling increases or you have fever , see your doctor immediately.
Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Therun: Thank you for your helpful reply. James Kilmer
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.
Dr.Tharun