Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I dont know if this is the correct area for this question

I don't know if this is the correct area for this question but I didn't see a g astrologist category. I recently noticed a small lump just above my belly button. It goes away when I sit or lay down but is there when I stand or put pressure on the stomach muscles. It's about 1" in diameter and you can't see it. You have to put your hand there and lightly push. There's no pain with it. I figure it's a hernia but wanted to get your opinion.

Thanks, Jim
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Have you ever had surgery on your abdomen?

Is this protrusion coming out of your belly button, or is it above it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No surgeries and right at the top of the belly button

This sounds like you may have what is known as a ventral (or possibly umbilical) hernia. You should get in to see your doctor for an exam and if this is what you have, you can be referred to a general surgeon to do a simple surgery to fix this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do they do any arthroscopic surgeries on this kind of condition?

Yes, they can do this laparoscopically.