How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 64069
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a reddish area on my glans for 5 years now. No

This answer was rated:

I have a reddish area on my glans penis for 5 years now. No other symptoms like itchiness, burning, discharge. Recently I read an article about cancer penis. Could it be cancer? I am 27 and not sexually active.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified doctor, and I will help you with this and any follow up questions.

This is not cancer
Cancer causes an ulcerated, nasty lesion, or in rare cases a mole like lesion.
This is irritation, eczema, or fungal infection.

Try chlortrimazole for 3 or 4 days and if you are not seeing improvement have your doctor swab this.

Better yet, have your doctor look at it first.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello dr, thank you for answering my question. Should i stop masturbating for some period? Do you recommend anything other than clotrimazole to get rid of this spot? How long should i continue the cream 4 days or 7 days? Thank you doc.

Do not cause any trauma
Up to a week with the chlortrimazole to see if it is working, then continue 10 days, but you should see results after 3 to 4 days.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.
DrThomasMd and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you