Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I think I have a buried penis I have had two circumsion surgeries One

I think I have a buried penis
I have had two circumsion surgeries
One as a baby the other around the age of 30
The skin on the bottom of the shaft has constricted over the head of my penis
And I can no longer pull it back resulting in painful urination and erections
Do I need to see a regular urologist or someone who specializes
Also is there a surgical correction for this and is it safe and successful
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 7 months ago.
HI

Can you send in a picture ?

Does your penis bend down when you have erections?

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

no it does not bend down

it is extremely small

its always been small but now there is nothing poking out unless there is an erection

how do I send a picture?

HI

Just use the insert image icon( ) in the reply box .

Do you think excess skin was removed because of the two circumcisions?

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Was the size small before the second circumcision?

Can you pull back the penile skin to expose the head of the penis?

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

yes it was

and no I cannot pull it back without severe pain

HI

You seem to have severe penile skin narrowing which is burying the penis within it. This can happen due to excess skin loss due to previous surgeries or severe scaring process while healing.

It may need a complex procedure to correct this deformity. It will require removal of the scared constricted penile skin which will release the penile head.So the painful urination and erections will be settled. Then the skin defect produced has to be replaced with split skin graft and Z plasty skin techniques.

Usually a re constructive / plastic surgeon is well versed with these complex procedures.So approaching them would be advised for your problem.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.