Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hello. This is a somewhat embarrassing question, but I would

Hello. This is a somewhat embarrassing question, but I would like to know if there is any process I can follow to increase my ejaculate. My wife and I have noticed that as I've gotten a bit older (Im 36 now), the volume of my ejaculate has decreased substantially. It also seemed to decrease dramatically after I had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. Since then, I'd say its gotten worse. Are there any herbal supplements or ideas? Im also curious if theres possibly something wrong... To estimate, I'd say its less then 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you trying to achieve a pregnancy?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No. I had a vasectomy several years ago. I would just like to get back to a normal amount of volume. My wife has noticed as well, and not that its important as far as our relationship, its more of just something I feel is lacking and could be better.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
There is really not much you can do to increase your semen volume. Anecdotally, some men have tried to take zinc supplements to try to increase volume, but I would not expect anything drastic. As men age, their semen volumes go down and there is nothing that can be done to correct this aging process. You can try the zinc to see if this help you at all. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What is a safe amount of zinc to take daily in supplement form? Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
There is no right answer to that question. You just have to go by the recommendations of the formulation that you bought.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.