Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have a painful swelling/knot in my groin area. An ultra sound

I have a painful swelling/knot in my groin area. An ultra sound did not show an hernia.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

How long has it been there?

Is the surrounding area red?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About two weeks. No it isnt red.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
provide me with an answer
Can you provide a picture of this area so I can try to see what it may be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I cant. It is a swelling/knot beneath the skin. It is painful and stings/burns when agravated. It gets worse during the day. I swim a lot but it doesnt bother me then. It bothers me after walking or mowing the lawn.

Without being able to examine you, there's no way for me to be able to determine what this is. But if it is painful and hard, this sounds like it may be an infection under the skin that needs to be drained. I recommended you get into see a urologist or a general surgeon for an examination and they may need to either drain this in the clinic or in the operating room if it is too large to drain in the clinic.