How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20384
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My doctor recommended I see a urologist because my hole

This answer was rated:

My doctor recommended I see a urologist because my pee hole is in the wrong place. (underside) Should I be worried that he thinks I should see one?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Were you born this way?

Are you having trouble urinating?

Is the opening near the end of the penis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I was born with this. I am not circumcised either.

No troubles whatsoever in my life. I have been seeing a Doctor for a yeast infection & he recommended I see a urologist. I'm nervous now why he would suggest it.

It's just below the head on the underside

This sounds like you were born with what is known as a hypospadias. This is where the opening of your urine channel is just under the head of the penis. If you don't have any problems urinating, there's no need to see a urologist to correct this at your age. The only reason why we would correct this is if you have difficulty urinating difficulty achieving a pregnancy due to inability of depositing semen in the partner's vagina. Otherwise, you could live the rest of your life as you are without any problems. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you