Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I am urinating blood, alot

I am urinating blood, alot
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you passing blood clots or is it bright red blood?

Do you have pain?

Do you have a smoking history?
Blood in the urine can be an indication of a prostate infection, prostate cancer, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Because it sounds like you're passing large amounts of blood, I would consider this a medical emergency and you need to get to the emergency room to be seen now.Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There seems to be some solid matter that I am urinating as well. "Chunks" of something. Whe I urinated this morning there was some blood and then dark yellow. I am not in any pain, I do have a history of smoking and I had a medical work up i month agi and all was normal.

These chunks are likely blood clots. This indicted heavy bleeding and you need to get in to see a urologist in the next couple days for a full evaluation including a CT scans and cystosocpy. If you can't urinate or are passing bring red blood or can't see a urologist, you need to go to the ER.