Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

The last couple weeks I have had a burning sensation in my

The last couple weeks I have had a burning sensation in my penis. On some days it burns pretty bad when I urinate and then it is just a constant minor pain. There is no visible sign of anything wrong. What should I be worried about and doing.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Welcome to JA.

Do you have any pain in the testicles or lower abdomen?

Do you have fever or chills?

Are you diabetic ?

Blood in urine ?

Sexual exposure recently ?

Any discharge from the penis ?

Have you checked your urine for infection?

Do you have any pain during ejaculation?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no pain in my testicles.
No fever or chills.
Not diabetic.
I have always had a trace of blood. In my urine. Only seen in test a doctor office. Have had a scope put in bladder to check where it was coming from and nothing found. Think that was 7 or 8 years again.. Ever since they did this I have had minor irritation once in a while when urinating.
Only have sex with wife of 25 years.
No discharge from penis.
I have not been check for infection in my urine.
Burns bad when I ejaculate right now.
Constant burning sensation in my penis right now.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI Jerry,

It seems like you have a infection in the prostate.That must be cause of the pain during ejaculation which is typical of prostatitis.

That is the reason for the burning sensation in the penis too.

Usually a course of antibiotics will subside the symptoms.But antibiotics are given for 4 weeks in case prostate infection because prostate is deep seated organ and infection is hard to leave it.
Along with it painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs can be taken to give symptomatic relief.Sometimes hormone treatment and muscle relaxants are also prescribed for stubborn cases.

You should get your urine tested too, as infection can be identified and documented. If you find blood in urine again then further tests may be required as last tests were done 8 years ago.Usually validity of a negative test is 6 years. So it would be advisable to get these tests done if you still have blood in urine.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.