Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Im age 40 I used to get erretion day and night 4yrs ago but

I'm age 40 I used to get erretion day and night 4yrs ago but now when my penis errected and try to enter it become soft idiot have diabetes hypentention any history of phi kcal injury I'm very health 100/100 plz help
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Welcome to JA.

I would like to have some more info before I give you an answer.

Do you the sexual desire to perform?

Any problems with the testicles?

Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

Have you checked your blood testosterone levels recently?

Did you suffer from any major illness recently ?

Any injury to the penis you can remember?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't smoke I don't drink no illness not checked my testermones
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Are you stressed these days ?

Anxiety problems ?

Can you clarify if you have diabetes and hypertension?

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No hpert , Diane, stress I'm so happy no taste injure
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI Moor,

Poor erection or loss of erection can happen due to mainly three reasons.

One is decreased blood flow to the penis. Second is defective nerve supply to the penis . Last is functional - that is psychogenic - in the brain.

It is difficult to differentiate between these 3 causes.

First two causes are common in elderly people with diabetes and hypertension. It is also common in people who smoke and drink.You don't seem to have any of the risk factors.
Third cause -( psychogenic) is more common in younger age group such as yours. But there is associated stress and anxiety issues which give rise to these issues.So again you don't seem to be stressed and you are basically a happy person.

So we have to go back to first two causes.There are exceptions where younger people can have these issues.So you need to check your blood testosterone levels.This is the male hormone which is responsible for the sexual desire and performance.If it is decreased then men can have poor erections.
Then you have to do blood tests like cholesterol levels, sugar levels and heart check.Many people are found to have heart issues.Erection problem can be warning symptom for heart problems. So it is mandatory that you see a doctor and get a full heart work up done.

If it is low testosterone , then supplements can be taken which will correct the problem.

If everything is normal then certain medications can be taXXXXX XXXXXke Viagra, Cialis. These medications are quite effective in treating these conditions.

I hope this answers your question.

If you have any doubts,please let me know.

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.