Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I recently had a hernia operation left side. 4 weeks later,

I recently had a hernia operation left side. 4 weeks later, my left testicle is still hurting.
My urologist gave me doxy-cycl mono 100mg take one tablet 2 time a day. I don't know
for sure, but I think that this medicine gives me asthma like symptons that are very
uncomfortable. Could this be true?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you having trouble breathing?

Do you have any swelling of the throat or a rash anywhere?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Almost with any kind of new medication of any kind (high blood pressure medicine) I seem to have what I had as a child. A tightness in my chest and a hard time breathing. I start to drift off to sleep and wake up in a
panic. It almost seems that my automatic breathing apparatus is cut off.

when I drift off to sleep. It's a horrorible feeling. When it gets light, I began to come out of it, although the tightness in my chest is still there

for about a day or two when I quit taking the medicine. I feel like I need to take something to try and heal the problem, but the breathing symptom is preventing me.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Well the most worrisome thing in your situation would be an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. I would recommend you stop the antibiotic and call your doctor immediately and let them know of this event. They will then likely want to evaluate you to see if this is an allergy to see if you need to be switched to a different antibiotic. If you are having trouble breathing, then you should go straight to the ER for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.