Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

4 months and a few weeks ago I incurred Penile Mondors Disease.

4 months and a few weeks ago I incurred Penile Mondor's Disease. I was using an extending device, I must have put too much tension on it and when i went to take it off there was a rather large thrombus near the base of my penis. It has not at any point been painful. At first it was very large and the vein hardened and also became very large, after about 2 months the large hardened vein drained and I was left with a very small thrombus. The vein is no longer hardened except when you get very close to the small leftover thrombus. I read online that it is usually supposed to be gone after 4 months, and abstaining from sexual activity helps the healing process. I have a very high sex drive and was not able to abstain from sexual activity. Do you think I should finish letting it run its course naturally or would it be wise to get some heparin cream and begin applying that to the affected area?
Hello

So the thrombus has been healing anyways even after continued the sexual activity right ?

Any problems in erection?

Are you on any blood thinners?

Any pain in the region of thrombus?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've had no problems with erection, all sexual activity has been completely normal and painless, otherwise I would have forced myself to abstain.

I am not on any blood thinners and there is only very mild pain in the region of the thrombus when i press on it (0.5/10 on the pain scale). There is no pain in the region of the thrombus in any other situation

HI

As the thrombus is almost gone and practically no pain is present , there is not much the heparin ointments will achieve here.Also it has been more than 4 months now.It may have helped in the immediate period.But right now its use may be limited.

In my advise it is best to leave it alone.

Regards

Dr.Tharun