Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

My urine is clear but it appears to swirl around in the toilet

My urine is clear but it appears to swirl around in the toilet at the bottom???
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Welcome to JA.

Did you see blood in urine?

Any problems while passing urine like burning, straining or pain?

Any medical illness recently?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood. Had Chlymidia back in January. Been tested for all STDS after 6 months and nothing. Have been having bad anxiety over this. Went in to see a ENT due to sore throat and he said i had acid reflux, believe it was due to my anxiety be cause it has stopped. I told him my tonsils hurt and he said they were fine.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI John,

Usually infection, dehydration, blood and proteins in the urine can change its consistency. These substances can be easily be detected in urine with the dip stick tests.
So if the dip stick test is clear there is no infection or kidney problem.On the top you don't seem to have any symptoms.

So keep drinking lot of water which will clear this issue.Most probably it is due mild dehydration.

Please let me know if you have any doubts regarding the answer and the problem.

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing ive noticed is that i have a white tongue with a clear spot in the middle. Been checked and doctors say its nothing. Ive had a stool test and it came back clear. Can anxiety cause dehydration/dry mouth.

I went to see a doctor after experiencing to have a discomfort at the end of my penis but nothing came from the dipstick???? Do u think im just overly anxious about having something when really its nothing and thus have this feeling that isnt there?
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Tests are what can be done to clear out things.You have done the tests and everything has come clean. Then there is nothing to treat except your anxiety.Too much anxiety will disturb the body balance , but nothing could be proved by tests.So if tests are clear then stop worrying about it. Worrying is not going to make it better.

Try relaxation and meditation techniques and drink lot of water and fluids.This will be beneficial to you.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can rely on the blood test and dip stick test? This oily urine that swirls is only visible putting a flashlight to it in the toilet. I pissed in a clear cup and dont see it w a flashlight but after i pour the cup in the toilet, I do. Can dehydration, blood, infection do this?
Ive been tested for all STDS even HPV but i heard you cant test for HPV is this true? So if i had it, something would have come up on the urine or blood test? Sorry for being paranoid
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI John,

I would advise you to leave the urine alone. You don't need to worry about the appearance of the urine. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is you don't have any symptoms.

Urine appearance has significance if it has blood in it, otherwise it is not significant.

Dr.Tharun